Sunday, February 27, 2011

My Next Step in Leadership

In the next year to come, I plan on putting what I have learned about leadership to use. Upon being asked to be head captain for my cheer squad next year, I had to think about program and the path it is going and how I feel about it. The plan for next year is to take out the dance aspect of cheerleading, my personal favorite part, along with many others on the squad and in the stands. I'm not a fan of this decision, cheerleading is much more than just yelling. Without dance, we may not have a very large squad next year. As a future leader, I have to consider what others are thinking about the program: Do they like not getting to dance? Will they even try out next year if they will only be yelling chants? I do not conduct a team when I don't enjoy the sport. It is in my power to do the best I can to turn the program back around and back onto the right path. I will have to be a credible leader, using all I have learned about forward-looking, doing what I say I will do, being honest, competent, and inspiring. I have the power to do something big and I will do everything in my capacity to make it work for the better and to keep my cheerleaders coming back with bigger and better spirit than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment