Monday, January 3, 2011

A Changed View on Leadership


       Over the past several weeks, Mr. Monaco has taught me the true definition of a leader through interactive lectures, guest speakers, and class discussions.  Reflecting upon our previous lessons, I can now confidently define a leader as a person who acts as a model citizen.  A leader is a person who shows others the ropes and brings a group together to achieve a common goal.  Leaders must be cooperative, open to all ideas, patient, and informative.  The most successful leaders today are those with strong verbal and communication skills.  A leader must be respected in order to earn the attention admiration of his or her peers.  Hearing Mr. Monaco lecture in the classroom has not only influenced my definition of the word “leader”, but has allowed me to reflect on my own character.  How can I be a leader?  I have the ability to listen, work with others, and contribute my creative ideas.  Of course, I have some work to do to become a better leader, but I aspire to strive each day to accomplish my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment